Friday, October 25, 2013

Mommy Diary 1

The first of probably many poop stories

So Caidyn has had a stuffy nose for about two days. Although the doctor and Google have assured me it is normal and she is fine, as a first time mom to a one month old my heart breaks for her. So, since the only place she seems to sleep with this congestion is on my chest, know I am typing this with one hand since she is in my other arm. 

Today I made a decision I never thought I would have to make. Caidyn went asleep in her swing and I realized I had probably 5 minutes until she woke up. I was faced with the question - do I take this time to use the bathroom myself or do I take the dogs to use the bathroom? Well, new mom guilt and puppy eyes got the best of me and I chose the dogs. And we went outside, monitor in tow, went to the bathroom and she was still asleep! I thought I was being rewarded for my selflessness and attempted to use the restroom myself. Remember, she is a month old and I had a natural delivery, so things take a little time. Right as progress begins to happen she starts to fuss. Normally not a big deal. But now I have to clean myself up, check on her, wash my hands so I can pick her up, and as I approach clean handed to pick her up she falls back into perfect slumber. But I am not fooled. I vow this is a trick and stand there waiting for her to cry again. I brush my teeth, I move laundry around, I fill my water bottle. Asleep. So I try again to go to the bathroom. A cheek barely brushed the seat and I hear a blood curling cry. Run out, nothing. 

And so today was the day I chose my dogs pooping instead myself and was punished for it. 

And also probably the last time I attempt to use the bathroom home alone during her nap. 

#newmommystories

No comments:

Post a Comment