Saturday, January 2, 2016

Fiesta de Dos!

On December 26 we hosted the fiesta I had been planning in my head since last February when we decided we were really going to try for a second baby. At that point we lovingly started referring to our second baby as "dos" and I thought what fun it would be to plan a fiesta gender reveal party!

I purchased a few decorations from Target when their Cinco de Mayo decor went on sale in early May, and then got a few other last minute things from Amazon shortly before the party. The star of the show was the giant pinata I got at party city! They are normally $30, which was a lot to pay for a pinata, especially one that had been sitting on the floor of the store and was partially damaged. Luckily, after looking around online for a good one and being unsuccessful I went back and asked about a partial discount since it was damaged. The manager gave it to me for $10! My great friend Robyn, who couldn't be with us at the party, was the one to stuff it and she made my vision come to life!


As for other party details, it worked out perfectly that we were planning a fiesta since my biggest craving at that point had been Moe's Queso!



We kept it simple and bought some salsa, and frozen taquitos, quesedillas, and mini burritos from Sam's. There was a sombrero balloon tied to the mailbox (which I was so excited about!) and a sombrero cupcake-cake that our local Publix made for us! I was so excited when I picked it up! When I ordered it the baker and I spent about 5 minutes looking through google images of sombreros and chatting about the cake. She ended up being the person who made it and was there when I picked it up! She was so excited to bring it out to me and it just looked PERFECT!


We had an amazing time with so many of our family members and friends! The three of us each had festive shirts to wear (good thing Caidyn can't read yet, or Brian would have worn a different shirt, hehe!)


Then it was time for the reveal! We actually broadcasted it live on my youtube channel for our traveling and far away friends and family to view and it worked out so well! It was fun to get so many texts before we had even posted anything! 

We counted down...


Pulled the string...


And saw pink!!!!! Caidyn was right- "Baby Sister Coming"! We were elated and I literally jumped for joy! 


We can't wait to meet you, sweet Ellie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment