Sunday, January 17, 2016

#TheWysSequel Weeks 13-16

So I'm officially very behind on the weekly posting thing... I think a monthly update, and then life posts in between will be a much better blend for me :)

So month 4 - OMG I can't believe it has already been 4 months. By this time with Caidyn we had her room painted, decor worked on, and I was in the midst of planning her gender reveal scavenger hunt and finishing out the school year.

With Ellie we know the gender, we are patiently waiting for the kitchen/great room reno to be complete so we can clean out her storage unit of a bedroom right now (seriously, this will be the best before and after picture ever. Even if all we did was take out all the boxes, extra beds, dressers, etc.), and I've created a list of the baby 2 "gear" I need. I feel SO far behind but... it will all get done!

Week 13:


Week 14:


Week 15:


Week 16:


We had a great 4th month! I FINALLY gained some weight as of my 15.5 week appointment I was up 2 lbs! Which is a plus considering I had lost 5 with the food poisoning we caught during our night at the Naples Botanical Garden. So up 7 from my lowest and 2 from my starting point. The doctor still wasn't thrilled, but understood with the food poisoning.

I am wearing almost exclusively maternity bottoms and making the most of my tops. I go through stages where I want to wear my regular clothes since I'll really miss them soon. But at the same time we are wanting to be a two child family and, unless our minds change or something awful happens, this is my last chance to wear maternity clothes so I want to enjoy wearing them, too.

From about weeks 11-15 I had CONSTANT headaches. They were awful. But around week 16, when I got my first injection, which I'll talk about below, they have been much better.

Also, I've been feeling fairly great besides that! My tiredness has either become normal and I've gotten used to it or gone away - but either way I'm feeling great. Enjoying showing off my little bump and being excited day dreaming about Ellie and feeling her little movements!

My doctor did decide she wanted us to go ahead and do the Mackena progesterone shots. These started at week 16. I am not going to lie - it HURT. The needle is thick, the serum is thick, I bleed, I'm sore the next day, and its just not fun. At the same time, there aren't really any negative effects from the medicine, and it helps to do more to guarantee we won't have an early baby - something I can be appreciative of!

Overall, feeling great! I can still run, I'm working out on a regular basis, and just really enjoying this pregnancy. I guess this is what women mean when they say they love being pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment