Thursday, September 22, 2016

Things I Want to Remember - September 2016

This month I want to talk about how Caidyn say's Ellie's name. For most of the pregnancy (after we knew it was a girl) we referred to the baby as Ellie.

Then shortly after she was born I found myself calling her Eleanor out loud.

And so Caidyn started calling her "Ellie-nor". And I LOVE it. So much that I almost never want it to stop, and I even go as far as to refer to Ellie as Ellie-nor around Caidyn so she doesn't hear it the right way and won't fix her pronunciation.

I'm hoping that the sweet relationship my girls have will not be something I have to worry about forgetting - but they do have the most adorable love for each other. When Ellie sees Caidyn she lights up smiling and focusing right on her. Caidyn is an amazing big sister and I find her being distracted from her games and playtime by Ellie and stopping to give her a hug or kiss.

She calls Ellie her "coochie" - something she overheard Daniel Tiger calling his little sister. She often tells me how much of a "cutie patootie" Ellie is. It is just so sweet. I am so thankful my littles love each other so much and I can't wait to see their relationship grow even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment