Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving!

I have so much to be thankful for this year. And am currently in bed cuddling with my top 4 - Brian,  Caidyn,  Cosmo,  and Gizmo. We are truly blessed and I feel so fortunate.

We spent Caidyn's first Thanksgiving doing a lot!  We started off our morning by doing the Gobble Gobble 4 mile race. We did this race 2 years ago the day before our wedding with most of our bridal party,  and Brians cousin and groomsmen Jay actually won the race!  He is super fast so it was no surprise! 

This race has a costume contest and I wanted to participate this year with my little turkey! 

We may look bundled up but it was only 42 degrees during the race! A fun, cold, Thanksgiving! 

We then came home and watched the parade,  a tradition I was so excited to share with Caidyn!  I'm excited for next year when she can recognize some of the characters!


Then we went to Brians grandparents house for a Wyss Family celebration. It was a great time and Brian even had us stay and eat some of their early dinner; I was grateful they didn't kick us out!  As grace was being said Nathan asked Brian to be a groomsmen in his wedding!  Bridget asked me to be a bridesmaid a few months ago so this was extra exciting so we can be in the wedding together! 

Brian's immediate siblings. His younger brother, brother's fiance, and sister. 

Then we went to my parents house and,  add it turns out,  it was a good thing we had 2 Thanksgiving outfits for Caidyn because she had a diaper explode into her first outfit...


We hung out with my family and enjoyed a full dinner!  Well, most of us did. Turns out Caidyn wanted to eat at the same time as everyone else. So while she and everyone enjoyed their dinner I contributed to conversation and fed her. Then I got my turn - and luckily everyone stayed at the table to eat so I didn't have to eat by myself :)

My side of the family. My three younger sisters and Mom and Dad.
My parents have a giant back porch that acts as a second living room and dining room! This is only about 1/3 of it! 

It was a great day!  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love the tradition,  the food, and the family time.
This morning we are taking our time waking up and going to decorate for Christmas!  Tis the rest of this holiday season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment