Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Final Count Down -- The Last 9 Week of Ellie's Pregnancy

Week 30

Last drive to Orlando, last Disney visit as a family of three, and last time I could squeeze into those non-maternity capris! 

Week 31

I had been waiting for this week with a pineapple shirt for so long. I actually had 3 shirts to choose from. I love pineapples.

Week 32

Old Navy has been on point with their matching mama and mini outfits. This was supposed to be our Thanksgiving outfits but hat dress was not even close to fitting me in November.

Week 33
Happy Mother's Day!

Week 34
We had our family maternity pictures done this week. I also went into labor at 34 weeks 5 days, which we were fortunately able to stop. 

Week 35
This was my first week on "maternity" leave. A lot of short bursts of sleeping, a random interview I had contractions during, and floating in the pool to cool off and rest my achy body every afternoon. 

Week 36
Such a busy week! Our floors were being refinished so we spent a lot of time at my in-laws house. Caidyn had a graduation ceremony from her preschool. And I think we only went to the hospital once with a labor "scare". After having contractions for 12 hours 2-4 minutes apart we were sent home and told to return when my water broke or "the pain became so intense I wanted to scream". Also known as the moment my morale really began to sink. 

Week 37

At this point it was game on. All I had to do was return to the hospital at least 3cm dilated and they would help the process along. I began going for daily 2-3 mile walks with whoever I could convince to brave the heat and accompany me. I also return to work"ish" at camp. This was the orientation week and I VERY much needed the distraction from my days of twiddling my thumbs wondering if today would be the day. 

Week 38
I don't want to say the last 5 days of week 38 were the best of my pregnancy, but they were the best of the last month. On Wednesday of that week we were officially scheduled for our induction and it was exactly what I needed to accomplish the last few things I needed to and finally re-enjoy being pregnant. Brian surprised me with an afternoon date while Niamh, our wonderful friend and god-mother to Ellie Rose, took Caidyn on a special park picnic and ice cream date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment