Monday, July 18, 2016

The New Normal

So we are beginning to settle into our routine as a family of four. Brian actually took his first out of town trip for work and we survived! Caidyn was at school on time every day, we were dressed and showered, and we even made it to a tennis lesson and dance class on time!


We've definitely had our ups and downs. On the plus side - Ellie has settled into a nighttime routine we enjoy. For the most part she falls asleep around 10pm every day, sleeps until about 2, then again until 5-6ish. I try and wake up for the day at that point and get ready. I've found that if I don't I never get ready for the remainder of the day. The down (ish - that term is relative, as it by far isn't the worst) is that Ellie wants to be held all day. I've found that if I think she has fallen asleep and I wait any less than 10 minutes with her sound asleep - not even a stir - and try to put her down she wakes up. She'll give me about 5 minutes - just long enough to think I've done it and start a task -only for her sad cry to start again. She's just too little for me to try to let her cry it out. Plus, I know I should enjoy this extra cuddle time and I am trying to do just that. They are only little once, right?

More fun photos from our first couple weeks settling into our routines! We visited a pop-up petting zoo at the library, finally getting back to running - this time with our double jogger! And celebrating fake holidays like National Ice Cream Day! 








No comments:

Post a Comment