Thursday, March 7, 2013

1st Trimester Update

So I've known about our pregnancy for 5 weeks now.

And it has been 6 VERY long weeks of nausea.

I keep getting the same advice - which is frustrating but to be expected. I eat small meals, ginger anything always gave me a stomach ache, so I can't imagine trying it when I already have a stomach ache.

I've figure out some additional things.

If I can keep anything from touching my stomach that helps A TON. No belts around my waist or pants above my bellybutton.

I figured out yesterday for sure that I can't eat cheese sticks anymore. Which makes me sad because a cheese stick and pretzels was my best pre-run snack.

I crave meat. Salty red meat. I know. It almost sounds perverted.


I'm drooling.

The saddest part has been I haven't really ordered any good steaks like I want because the Dr said to have it cooked well done. Gross. Why bother.

On a new level - I have been battling a cold for about a week. I know exactly why. I am exhausted. February-March was the worst time in the school system to get pregnant. It starts the final push of information for the standardized tests that are coming and it marks the time of the year when students can't see the light at the end of the tunnel and stop working hard so you have to push them.

Enter - the most tired I have ever been in my whole life...



No - I didn't fall asleep at my desk, but I've been close.

My skin is SO itchy and dry. It is awful. I know part of it is coupled with the fact that it has been pretty cold here lately (I realize it is South Florida and "cold" is relative) but it has been awful. As I am typing this I am ignoring the fact that my legs and lower back and shoulder are super itchy. If i'm not so exhausted after my shower I am trying to remember to use nice lotion to keep my skin hydrated. When I remember, the itchyness is much much less. The key is remembering.

Beyond that - my regular pants already don't fit. I am currently wearing pants from before I started running. They look awful everywhere but they button! I'm really not ready mentally for maternity clothes but my body is ready so I'm going to get maybe 2 things over break next week. I also have to do my blood test - something I"m not super excited about... but something I know I need to do.

Stay tuned for hopefully more happy side effects coming soon! I'm hoping for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment