Monday, March 18, 2013

Week 8 and 9

How far along? 8 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: down 2 lbs
Maternity clothes? Nothing yet... I'm quite intimidated by going shopping for them BUT I know I need to soon. I've already got a little belly and my work pants just don't fit anymore :(
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: SO tired and SO annoyed with the whole waking up in the middle of the night to pee... can't wait for spring break next week to sleep in!!!
Best moment this week: Emailing our video to our family and friends we didn't get to text it to and getting everyone's reactions. 
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? Publix Subs. Jimmy John's subs. Even Subway...
Movement: Nothing yet!.
Food cravings: I need satly meaty foods. GIVE ME PROTIEN!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Eating too much in any one meal OR trying to eat something super sweet :(
Have you started to show yet: looking chubby for sure
Gender prediction: Nothing yet... I really want to have a feeling though!!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Having a gut instinct about the gender and telling everyone! I'm hoping it will give me the courage to realize this is really happening and I'm going to grow and that I need to buy some maternity clothes. 


8 weeks: I realize I am late writing this post so I am going to reflect on what week 8 was like by looking at my calendar.

I think this was actually the worst week so far. I was battling a cold, not sure what I could take, so exhausted with school and bored at the same time (I have an intern teaching my class right now but it was his second week - we were sort of co-teaching where he was leading some stations and I was doing data chats with my students. I am also taking on a lot of other projects to keep myself busy once he takes over completely. He is doing a really good job! But obv still new and still has a lot to learn which means I need to be one step ahead just in case!). My stomach aches were the WORST this week and I really miss being able to work out in the evenings or mornings but that is when I am worst. I am glad I have only had 2 actual throwing up episodes, since those were so miserable  - I literally had no voice for a whole weekend after one awful awful night. 

How far along? 9 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: down 4 lbs
Maternity clothes? I finally took the plunge and went shopping for some. Mommy, Grandma, and I went to a bunch of second hand stores to get some and my mother in law, LuAnn, brought me some from their recent trip to Minnesota. I also tried the scrunchie trick with my favorite jeans and it made the biggest difference! I am really just uncomfortable in my pants when sitting or if they come up near or above my belly button. 
Stretch marks? No. I am getting a BAD case of dry skin like never before though. Working on hydrating everywhere but especially the belly!!!
Sleep: I take naps again. I sleep like 12 hours a night. I cannot get enough sleep. And it is spring break so I can take all the sleep I want!!!
Best moment this week: Tie - posting the video the facebook for everyone to see and comment on (and hitting almost 600 views!) AND finishing actual decorating our bedroom with all sorts of future baby in mind including a chair next to an empty space that will be a bassinet in a few months! 
Have you told family and friends: Yes! The reactions have been AMAZING!!!!
Miss Anything? The hot tub. The in-laws just got one and I've been able to work out again so my muscles could def use a dip... :(
Movement: Nothing yet.
Food cravings: Protein at every meal, but I've found if I don't have carbs at a meal I get sick. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Eating too much in any one meal OR trying to eat something super sweet :(
Have you started to show yet: to me, yes. To the world... not unless I point it out. 
Gender prediction: I FINALLY HAVE A FEELING!! I keep talking about Caiden as a HE! So I'm thinking a boy right now! 
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!! Very very Happy! 
Looking forward to: Our next doctors appointment in 2 weeks and accomplishing more baby prep around the house! Plus getting back into working out!

So over the past week and a half I finally figure out how to eliminate my stomach aches for the most part. I still get some but the intensity is much much less and they don't last as long. The only problem is it involves cutting back my portion sizes BIG time. I have been trying to eat more often but it appears it isn't enough and I am down 2 more pounds. I am conscious of it so I am trying get even more carbs and protein in and hopefully that will help me start going in the opposite direction! It is so weird to be disappointed in losing weight, haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment