Thursday, March 21, 2013

Baby To-Do List

I feel like I should start by saying that yes, I realize that babies don't actually need much. And that I have a fair amount of time to get this stuff done before it really needs to be done.

However, it doesn't keep me from knowing it needs to be done eventually. And, as you'll get to know very well, I am a planner. I feel overwhelmed at the beginning of any big project but as soon as I figure out the steps I immediately feel better and can easily accomplish the task.

So... here is my list of what I would like to accomplish in a timeline in about the next year including what we have already started!

Before the end of May (when school gets out):
-Move things around in our bedroom to fit a chair (for late nights feedings/ cuddle time)
-Actually decorate our bedroom (paint wall, hang curtains, hang paintings)
-Register
-Put all the holiday stuff in the attic (purchase attic stairs and flooring for the attic first, then put it away)
-Move the exercise room stuff to the garage to clear out that room
-Go through all the stuff in both extra bedroom closets and clear it out so it all fits in one closet
-Move the guest bedroom furniture into the exercise room
-Find nursery furniture
-Plan nursery
-Sing you are my sunshine to Caiden every time my stomach aches (it really helps!)
-Do as much yoga/stretching/walking/possibly running as I can to keep as active and ready for labor as possible

Over the summer:
-Get everything nursery wise finished
-Figure out exactly what is needed for the first 4 months of baby. Get it all and have it ready.
-Figure out things with HR and such for being out for maternity leave
-Write birth plan
-Attend some sort of birthing or parenting class
-Start planning what will go in the hospital bag.
-Start prepping the puppy-boys for a baby. Bring a stroller on walks sometimes. Put the carseat in the car and get them used to not sitting in it.
-Sing you are my sunshine to Caiden whenever I remember to.
-Arrange someone to watch the boys when we are at the hospital
-Do as much yoga/stretching/walking/possibly running as I can to keep as active and ready for labor as possible

Once school starts until the baby comes:
-Make all video lectures for the entire first half of the school year (Unit 1 already done!)
-Start creating pre-tests for the first half of the school year and accompanying activities
-Find an awesome, or at least decent, long-term sub.
-Sing you are my sunshine to Caiden whenever I remember to.
-Do as much yoga/stretching/walking/possibly running as I can to keep as active and ready for labor as possible

Mid-September:
-re-wash all baby bedding types things (changing pad covers, bassinett sheets, etc)
-actually pack hospital bag
-Do as much yoga/stretching/walking/possibly running as I can to keep as active and ready for labor as possible

Before Caiden crawls...:
-prep house for a baby (outlet covers, cabinet door locks, toilet locks)
-get the boys used to a moving baby
-Remake the den into more of a second living room/play room with a couch/sectional and shelving for baby toys... no real need for a glass top desk anymore! Especially since we always use laptops now...

So that is all I can think of for now. Obviously it isn't all necessary and probably won't all get done (my goal was to get everything wedding done before the school year started and October and early November before the Thanksgiving wedding were SO busy doing wedding prep) BUT it is a plan and it is an amazing feeling to see it all written down and most already being accomplished!

I'll be posting more nursery ideas very soon - I'm SUPER DUPER excited about the whole nursery and the ideas I have - I can't wait for it to be a reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment