Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Baby 2 On the Way!


Saturday, October 17, 2015. First family of 4 selfie!!!

So lets back up. Brian and I originally set out to have one child. We figured sometime in 2013. Well by February 3 I had a positive pregnancy test. And then Caidyn came, and we were in love. Surprisingly to me, but not to anyone who has been a parent, I LOVED being a mom. I have so much fun with Caidyn and life is so rewarding. And Brian planted the seed of another baby. A sibling for our girl who loves to nurture and play with others. If you asked Caidyn if she wanted a sibling, she said yes. Every time. Shortly after Caidyn turned one we started talking about timing. I was getting my master's degree and set to finish in July of 2015. We didn't want to take the risk of me having a rough first trimester and falling behind in school (I graduated with a 4.0!!) so we said the first time we would try would be July. Knowing how quickly it happened the first time we thought it would happen pretty quickly again. 

Well my period came in July, August, and September. Which still, I understand, is relatively quick that we already have a positive test. But it was frustrating never-the-less. I worked so hard to get my master's degree quickly so I could become an administrator in the school year starting in August 2016. My first year in a new role as science coach I took maternity leave and it made learning my new job really difficult. I don't want to take maternity leave during my first year of a job again. Luckily (again, major catch up) I changed schools this year. I am working at a school I LOVE, and I would not mind staying here another year being a science coach. We were also dealing with the stress of selling our house and purchasing my parents home and beginning the renovation there. Needless to say, we had a lot on our plates. 

But everything worked itself out. And the stress I was dealing with seemed to all go away. I loved my job, our house sold, and the renovation plans were working out perfectly. 

On October 14, in anticipation of my period, I took a pregnancy test. And it was negative. Oddly enough, Brian didn't give up hope, and when Caidyn saw me crying out of frustration she gave me a hug and said "baby sister coming". I just continued our day normal and tried to forget about it. 

Thursday evening I had an awful stomach ache. Friday it happened again. And then Friday night into Saturday morning I had to get up to pee in the middle of the night. Something that hasn't happened since I was last pregnant (or had my fair share of drinks the night before #honesty). So when I had to pee again early Saturday morning I said "what the hell" and prepared myself for a negative test (and $5 down the drain). Except this test didn't say "not pregnant" it said "pregnant". I cried out of excitement in the bathroom and decided I would let Caidyn, my confident girl who knew "baby sister coming" tell her daddy. 

This was around 7am... and of course, the first weekend day we could sleep in since at least the beginning of September. I tried to go back to sleep, of course couldn't, but luckily Brian was awake. We watched an episode of Suits together, and finally, around 8:30, I decided it was time to go wake Caidyn up. I grabbed the test and walked into her room. She was playing on her bed (she loves her new room SO much!) and I said to her, "Caidyn, you are going to be a big sister!" and she just gave me the biggest most genuine hug! I handed her the test and asked her to bring it to Daddy and tell him "Baby coming!". She ran it right over to Brian, with me closely behind, handed it to him, and then just continued to hug me. Brian jumped right out of bed, asking "really?!? really?!?!" and as I repeated yes he was so excited! We family hugged, cuddled, and just enjoyed the reality that we were going to be a family of four! 

Baby Wyss #2 will be due sometime in June! We visit the doctor on November 11, a random day off of work I have, to find out more information! 

No comments:

Post a Comment