Monday, December 14, 2015

Weeks 8 and 9 - Telling the Family!


8 Weeks! 

We finished week 8 the day we got these pictures taken! Caidyn was NOT having it that morning but we still have a few fun ones! Our chalk reveal didn't really work out... it was mostly pictures of Caidyn pouting and Brian and I trying to convince her to play with chalk. Oh well! They are a great representation of life with a toddler. 


9 weeks!

So this was SUCH A FUN WEEK!!!! We celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary and spent the week in Orlando with family. We went all out this year and purchased Disney annual passes for the two of us (the last year we can only purchase 2!) and spent the week basically park hopping and just bonding as a little family. 

We also got to share the news with my family FINALLY!!!!! Truthfully, I'm glad we waited. My family had such a rough 2015 (parents divorcing, losing my grandmother) that if anything would have happened to this baby and pregnancy early on I wouldn't have shared with them since I wouldn't have wanted to add to the list of bad things for 2015. The good news is we are safely in the second trimester right now (I'm late to the update game!) and everything is going perfectly! 

We told my parents, grandpa, sisters, and godmother at breakfast the morning of Thanksgiving. It was the first time since we had found out we were pregnant that everyone was together in one place. Caidyn picked out a thanksgiving card for each of them and we wrote on the inside "Dear _______, I'm so thankful for (insert something special we do together)! I know my little brother or sister due in June will love it just as much! Happy Thanksgiving! Love, Caidyn. We included a printout of the picture of us holding the ultrasound. Everyone was so excited!

The sweetest part was my grandpa. Later that afternoon he told me that he truthfully wasn't able to read the card at breakfast since he didn't have his reading glasses. He said thank you and gave us a big hug at the time so I thought he got it. But he was SO excited when we were talking to him about it later! It was so sweet. Grandpa always makes Caidyn laugh when they are together. My grandma LOVED babies, so in a weird way it was fun to see Grandpa's reaction without it being overshadowed by how much my grandma loved babies. It is obvious now that they have that in common! 

It was a great week and we really enjoyed all of the family time together away from it all. The holiday wasn't emotional without Grandma like we feared it would be. Although we are fast approaching Christmas which I know will be rough. My grandparents anniversary is December 23 and they always host Christmas Eve dinner. Last year, shortly after Grandma's diagnosis, was the first time in years they didn't host and asked my parents to instead. I actually fought Brian to let us go to that dinner (it was our year to spend Christmas eve dinner with his family) just in case it was our last time with Grandma. I'm so glad I did - and he says that he is glad too. 

But back to weeks 8 and 9 - still feeling exhausted. Still "carsick" most of the time. Eating when I can. Embracing my new found LOVE for Moe's and QUESO!!!!!!!! Starting to plan the gender reveal fiesta!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment