Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Week 5!

How far along? 5 weeks


How big is baby? The size of a poppy seed

Total weight gain/loss:  Not sure... I'm not eating a lot as it always upsets my stomach, but I've also been really bad about working out. 

Maternity clothes? I haven't worn any yet, but that bump is starting to form early! 

Sleep: Crazy dreams, restless sleeping, peeing in the middle of the night... Ugh. I'm exhausted. 

Best moment this week: Tell Tom and LuAnn! 

Movement: None yet! 

Food cravings:  Healthy food. I think I snack so much on unhealthy things since my meals are small to keep my stomach from getting upset, but then I get so hungry I snack on whatever I can find, and then crave healthy food to "make up for it"

Food Aversions: plain oatmeal. Gross. 

Gender: Not sure even one little bit! 

Labor Signs:  None yet (thank goodness!)

Pregnancy Symptoms:  Fatigue, nausea, sore boobs, vivid dreams, having to pee more often than usual. All the regular ones. 

Belly Button in or out? In. Still a little bigger than it was before Caidyn! So hoping it doesn't stretch out too much more this time! 

What I miss:  Staying awake easily around 2:30pm? Haha. I will miss drinking wine while trick or treating with Caidyn around the neighborhood! But I will be able to next year - with the stroller which makes it even easier! 

What I am looking forward to: Our doctor's appointment to confirm on November 11. It will feel so much more real! 

Upcoming appointments/events:  Appointment on November 11 (I chose the date since we don't have school). Halloween!!! Caidyn's last as an only child! And the last time we have to think of a three person costume choice. Let's start thinking of some 4 person ones! 

Milestones: Just excited about being pregnant! We are having so much fun making plans for this little baby. 


Last night Brian and I researched a new high chair and double jogging stroller. I told him for baby 2 I needed two of the following three things: a new high chair, a new and nice double jogging stroller, and a new car. So I'm getting the high chair and jogger! We were gifted a high chair off of our registry for Caidyn. And though it served us well it was difficult to clean as the seat cover was not wipeable, it strapped to one of our seats, so sometimes we were short a chair, and the straps became very dirty very quickly, and could never be made to look nice again. We donated it and Caidyn uses a booster and we have since started the research process into looking for a highchair that will solve all those needs. Additionally, I really want a top of the line double jogging stroller. My grandmother purchased Caidyn's jogging stroller for us - and it has served us very well. The Baby Trend Expedition has been wonderful to us, but is only a single. We have noticed some slight pulling to one side and aerodynamics issues. Additionally, if we are going to be pushing two kids we want it to be as easy as possible!We are debating between the BOB double and the Thule double. BOB has been the undisputed king of the jogging stroller world, according to all our research, until just recently when Thule has really challenged. The Thule is slightly more expensive, but seemingly always edges out the reviews and the car seat adapter fits our current (and beloved) BabyTrend carseat. The BOB, however, is tried and true, and cheaper. But would need us to purchase a different car seat. Our BabyTrend carseat is floral and pink, so if this baby is a boy, we would be getting a new one anyways. But if this baby is a girl, we could keep the same carseat. Obviously we are still debating these things, and quite frankly I think we want to really do it right this time and go see the joggers and test "run" them. See how Caidyn fits, and how she can grow into it, see how the handlebar height feels, how much we can bring, if there is a parent console we like and fits our giant phones. 

At this point we are just enjoying the process and love knowing we have an actual little one on the way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment